New Members Committee
- Chair- Jennifer Smalley Higgs, ETFO-YR
- Pam Beetlestone, ETFO-YR (ex-officio)
- Kansas Gilligan, Sutton PS
- Chris Hickman, ETFO-YR
- Mersija Vukobratovic, Student Services
Click on event title for flyer and/or registration information.
ETFO-YR New Members Committee
Terms of Reference
- To engage ETFO-YR members;
- To promote unionism;
- To provide an opportunity for member feedback, to review the feedback, and report to the ETFO-YR Executive;
- To develop and submit regularly updated information for the ETFO-YR website;
- To administer the budget allocated to the New Members Committee.
- To identify the needs and priorities of new teachers (teachers in their first 3 years as a member of ETFO-YR (permanent contract teachers)).
- To initiate, develop and implement, in cooperation with the full-time released ETFO-YR officers, programs designed to meet the needs of new teachers.
- To encourage new teachers to become actively involved in Federation activities.
- To inform new teachers of their rights and responsibilities as ETFO members.