- The ETFO-York Region office is closed for the summer, and will re-open on September 1, 2016. If you are contacted by the police or CAS regarding an allegation against you, please contact the ETFO Provincial office at 1-888-838-3836
- The first day of the 2016-2017 school year for ETFO-YR members is September 6, 2016.
Oct 1 2016 – ETFO-YR members attended the OFL Rally for Decent Work
ETFO has launched a new website for ETFO Members Sharing in Assessment
ETFO has another new website to support Junior/Intermediate teacher in bringing
play-based learning to Grades 4-8
- The website includes lessons by grade, curriculum and types of learning, as well as resources
- Check it out at http://etfolearn.ca
Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts Partnership:
- We are excited to announce our Partnership with the Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts, featuring the Theatre Without Boarders program, within the 2016/2017 Education Series. The goal of the program is to increase access for students to the thrilling experience of live theatre.
Click here for more information
The Ministry of Education, through the Ontario Teachers’ Federation (OTF), is providing a subsidy of up to $450 to teachers who successfully complete additional qualifications courses in Mathematics or Technology.
This subsidy applies to courses successfully completed on or after February 1, 2016.
If you registered for an AQ/ABQ course on or after May 1, 2015 or completed a course prior to February 1, 2016, you should be subsidized through application to your school board.
The subsidized mathematics courses are
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Part 1
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Part 2
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Specialist
- Mathematics, Grades 7 and 8
- Mathematics, Intermediate/Senior (ABQ)
- Mathematics, Honours Specialist
- Any undergraduate mathematics course that is prerequisite to the AQ/ABQ courses listed above
The subsidized technology courses are
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 1
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 2
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Specialist
- Teaching and Learning through e-Learning
Click here for more information on the programs and subsidies.
- OTF has developed the “Teachers’ Gateway to Special Education” website at www.teachspeced.ca. The Special Education Gateway is a collection of resources and strategies for elementary and secondary teachers of special education students and also provides searchable web-based resources.