Check back for updates.
- ETFO’S Summer Academy 2015 is here!! Registration is now open. These 40 three-day professional learning courses are offered in partnership between locals and the provincial office throughout July and August. The Summer Academy registration site includes course descriptions and information about dates, times, and locations across the province.
Take advantage of this great opportunity. These practical and dynamic courses fill up very quickly!
See the link below to the Summer Academy 2015 registration site:
This year, 2 of these workshops are being held in York Region (both workshops are being facilitated by ETFO-YR members):
- “Assistive Technology for All” on July 7,8 and 9, 2015 (Click here)
- “Google in the Primary Classroom” on July 14, 15 and 16, 2015 (Click here)
- For a low registration fee of $75 (for ETFO members), participants will receive many handouts and lunch will be provided each day
- To register and/or to see what other workshops are being offered around the province, please go to https://summeracademy.etfo.ca/
If you have questions about the Summer Academy 2015, please contact Joanne Myers, Professional Services at 416-962-3836, extension 2279 or Toll-Free at 1-888-838-3836.
- 2015-2016 Staffing Timelines (Click here)
- General Membership Meeting
- Click here to elect Delegates and Alternates to the 2015 ETFO Annual Meeting
- Click here to approve Resolutions to forward to the 2015 ETFO Annual Meeting
- To receive the 2013-2014 ETFO-YR Audited Financial Statement
- BCTF Solidarity Lunch
- As a show of solidarity and support for what our brothers and sisters in BCTF have endured in recent months, the ETFO-YR Executive sponsored a “Solidarity Lunch” for the Abbotsford District Teachers’ Association (a Local of the BCTF). In December 2014, every teacher in the ADTA had lunch “on us”. ADTA Local President Doug Smuland expressed his thanks to ETFO-YR: “On behalf of the members of the Abbotsford District Teachers’ Association, a Local of the British Columbia Teachers’ Association, I want to thank all of your members for the very generous and well-timed gift that you provided to us. While ADTA members have now returned to their classrooms and resumed teaching, they have not forgotten what has transpired of late in our province. [...] Please be assured though, that the “Solidarity Lunch” that you provided was a brilliant and unique gift, and our members have been forever bolstered as a result of your warmth and thoughtfulness; thank you.”
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Memorandum of Understanding Summary Chart
- EQAO Teacher Questionnaire Advisory
- ETFO-YR in the News at ETFO Annual Meeting
- Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne appears at the annual meeting of Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario. | VIDEO HERE |
- Wynne makes no promises on teachers' lost benefits (CBC NEWS)- Click here
- No new money for pay bumps, Ontario Premier Wynne tells teachers (GLOBE & MAIL) - Click here
- Premier Kathleen Wynne addresses tough ETFO crowd (TORONTO SUN) - Click here
- OTF has developed the “Teachers’ Gateway to Special Education” website at www.teachspeced.ca. The Special Education Gateway is a collection of resources and strategies for elementary and secondary teachers of special education students and also provides searchable web-based resources.