- The ETFO-York Region office is closed for the summer, and will re-open on September 1, 2016. If you are contacted by the police or CAS regarding an allegation against you, please contact the ETFO Provincial office at 1-888-838-3836
- The first day of the 2016-2017 school year for ETFO-YR members is September 6, 2016.
ETFO Summer Academy Registration is open! The following courses are being offered in York Region:
- July 5-7, 2016 – Google in the Primary Classroom - Flyer
- July 12-14, 2016 – Making the Most of Technology - Flyer
- July 19-21, 2016 – Integrating IT: How Google Apps for Education Can Drive Learning in Your Classroom Flyer
- July 20-22, 2016 – Bump Up Your Math Practice! Flyer
- July 26-28, 2016 - Flyer
- The Luminous Beauty and Boundless Imagination of Young Children
- Adding Ideas to Your Technology Loot Bag
- August 9-11, 2016 – Mathematics in Kindergarten: What’s the BIG IDEA? - Flyer
The Ministry of Education, through the Ontario Teachers’ Federation (OTF), is providing a subsidy of up to $450 to teachers who successfully complete additional qualifications courses in Mathematics or Technology.
This subsidy applies to courses successfully completed on or after February 1, 2016.
If you registered for an AQ/ABQ course on or after May 1, 2015 or completed a course prior to February 1, 2016, you should be subsidized through application to your school board.
The subsidized mathematics courses are
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Part 1
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Part 2
- Mathematics, Primary and Junior – Specialist
- Mathematics, Grades 7 and 8
- Mathematics, Intermediate/Senior (ABQ)
- Mathematics, Honours Specialist
- Any undergraduate mathematics course that is prerequisite to the AQ/ABQ courses listed above
The subsidized technology courses are
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 1
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 2
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Specialist
- Teaching and Learning through e-Learning
Click here for more information on the programs and subsidies.
- OTF has developed the “Teachers’ Gateway to Special Education” website at www.teachspeced.ca. The Special Education Gateway is a collection of resources and strategies for elementary and secondary teachers of special education students and also provides searchable web-based resources.